"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Monday, July 21, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

It was not my most intelligent moment in deciding to go hiking at Silver Falls on Saturday afternoon of Memorial Day weekend. Nonetheless, I did it. I was quite annoyed most of the hike because I kept getting stuck behind a multitude of tourists and groups of children. (I really do love children, just not when they are in my way on the trail...and I'm not responsible for them, just sayin.)

The good news! I got to use my GoPro! It is such a handy tool for hiking and getting quality photographs! I don't have to lug around my big Nikon, nor do I have to deal with the minimal quality of the camera on my phone.

  • Date of hike: May 24th, 2014
  • Distance: 9 miles
  • Elevation gain: 1,300 feet
  • Difficulty: Moderate
  • Miles thus far: 72/100 miles this year

North Falls

At lower North Falls
(Hey! Look! My face is looking thinner!)

And because, why not? I had nothing better to do on Monday, Memorial Day...so I did the hike again! However, this time I learned from my experience. I went early morning and missed most of the tourist crowd, thank goodness!

  • Date of hike: May 26th, 2014
  • Distance: 9 miles
  • Elevation gain: 1,300 feet
  • Difficulty: Moderate
  • Miles thus far: 81/100 miles this year


Lower South Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment