"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Deschutes River Trail

I spent this last weekend in Bend! Originally I had planned to hike Smith Rock, however, it was very hot weather! So I opted a shorter hike along the Deschutes River!

We parked in the first lot at Farewell Bend Park and hiked up river to the last bridge, crossed and came back the other side of the river, then crossed back to make the full loop.

  • Date of hike: July 12th, 2014
  • Distance: 4 miles
  • Elevation gain: 1,300 feet
  • Difficulty: Easy
  • Terrain: Mostly dirt paths, the park areas had paved
  • Hills: a few hills to challenge you, but not too difficult
  • Miles thus far: 117/200 miles this year

Deschutes River coming into Bend
 My friend, Heather, and I on the Deschutes River Trail hike
 This is my friend Heather's 8 week old Golden Retriever Husky mix puppy. She still hasn't decided if his name is Brody or Alaska yet, but isn't he the cutest!?  We could not pass anyone without them wanting to love on him!


Even though it was pretty warm (and I should have brought my water bottle!) it was a beautiful hike along the river with some hills to challenge but just enough shade! Total it was a 3.7 mile hike, bringing me up to 117 miles this year so far, and took us about an hour and a half (which is probably long because we kept stopping to let people pet the puppy!)

Happy Hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment