"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Friday, June 12, 2015

Winter Falls Trail Running


Sometimes when I don't have a plethora of time, I'll head out to Silver Falls State Park. This day it was pretty rainy, thus I decided to slip on my rain jacket and do interval trail running (tip: interval heart rates helps burn fat).  

What I didn't know is that in true Oregon fashion, I would run into rain, sun, and hail.  The hail was pretty big and actually hurt to hit my skin.  Good thing I was running! 

An adventurous workout to say the least! Silver Falls trails are always great ones for trail running because they have a good amount of hills, well maintained paths, and a variety of routes that you can take.  

Date of hike: April 11th, 2015
Distance: 5 miles (loop)
Elevation gain: 670
Difficulty: Moderate
Mile Mark: 277



No comments:

Post a Comment