"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Friday, June 12, 2015

Baskett Slough National Wildlife Refuge

I still am quite unaware of what I did, but this week I hurt my knee. Which was a real bummer because I had a whole afternoon off after my clinical hours in Corvallis. I had planned on doing a nice hike in the Corvallis area, but after seeing my trainer at Courthouse Performance that morning, I was banned from my normal type of hiking.  He said nothing more than 2 miles and very limited elevation gain. Which to me feels like just a walk down a path in the woods, not a hike. But I knew that Aaron knows best and I wanted to preserve longevity of my body.

I've driven past Baskett Slough several times and have looked at it online in the past.  I never got around to going out there because it was short and seemed too easy.  I had no time for such frivolous jaunts in the woods that didn't end in a spectacular waterfall or a stunning view of a mountain.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that while yes it was an easy jaunt, it had some great views of Mt. Jefferson and it was just great to be out in the spring sun.  It was also nice having Caitlin with me to get some much needed fresh air on her Spring Break from school.

I highly recommend taking a little time to just explore this beautiful national wildlife refuge.

Date of hike: March 26th, 2015
Distance: 1ish Miles out and back
Elevation gain: 200
Difficulty: Easy
Mile Mark: 266










No comments:

Post a Comment