"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Friday, June 12, 2015

Shellburg Falls

The more I hike and the more I blog, the more people I find to connect on hiking excursions with.  For this time I had the pleasure to hike with some old camp friends, Tum Tum (aka. Ryan) and Senior Frijoles (aka. Andy). Additionally, the lovely fiancee to Senior Frijoles, Steph joined us. It was a delight to catch up with each other, talk hiking spots, and enjoy the amazing scenery of the Shellburg Falls area.

I've of course done this hike before so I was the lead on where to go. I took us on the traditional route from the road, hiked through the farmland, up through the falls area and rounded back down the road.  (See previous Shellburg Post for additional details on this hike)

After our hike, Senior and Steph have a tradition of burgers and beers so we headed off to Thompson's McMenamins.  Steph got to get another stamp on her passport and I enjoyed some good wine (Black Rabbit Red).

All in all, it was a feel good day filled with great views and even greater company.  Thanks everyone for coming out!


Date of hike: April 4th, 2015
Distance: 6 miles (roundtrip)
Elevation gain: 500
Difficulty: Easy
Mile Mark: 272











No comments:

Post a Comment