"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Trail of Ten Falls {Silver Falls State Park}

Often when my weekend is busy but I still want to hike, I'll just head out to Silver Falls State Park to do the Trail of Ten Falls loop, or a modified one shorter depending on my time constraint.  In January, this was the case! Not much to post about this one that I haven't already said, but I will reiterate how much I love Silver Falls State Park, regardless of a good amount of tourists on these hikes! It provides good length and great elevation change for a solid workout, not to mention all the stunning waterfalls!



  • Date of hike: January 25th, 2015
  • Distance: 9 Mile Loop
  • Elevation gain: 1300 Feet
  • Difficulty: Easy (at least for me at this point)
  • Mile Mark: 224

 South falls

Beautiful fog rolling in on the way back into Salem

"There's something about rushing water that I can watch for hours and feel as if I need to do nothing more. It's alive in a way that's greater than any description of it..." - Mark Helprin

No comments:

Post a Comment