"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Monday, December 15, 2014

Lake Sacajawea

My mom and I drove up to Longview for some time with our cousins. Before we met them, my mom had a function to attend and since I did not want to go to that, I dropped her off and took a nice trek around Lake Sacajawea.  It was a gorgeous day and I enjoyed the scenery, although for some reason it did not smell pleasant there. My other recommendation for this location is to use the restroom before you go. They do have a public bathroom there, however, it is the most disgusting bathroom I have ever experienced and I am fairly certain it isn't often used for releasing bodily fluids more than it may be a spot to shoot up heroin or engage in some other type of drug use. And that is putting it lightly. I am forever traumatized from that bathroom.

Anyway, as long as you keep those two things in mind, this is a beautiful loop around the lake in the middle of town! I even came across a bench that was donated from the high school and my great uncle's name, Bud Gauthier, is on it! Fun!

  • Date of hike: December 6th, 2014
  • Distance: 3 Miles (roundtrip)
  • Elevation gain: 35 feet 
  • Difficulty: Easy
  • Mile Mark: 210






The great lady Sacajawea and her son are featured along this walk

No comments:

Post a Comment