"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

200 Miles {Dry Creek Falls}

What a journey this year has been so far! At Dry Creek Falls I hit my 200 mile goal for 2014! In February, I started off wanting to hike 100 miles, but I made that goal in June. So I thought I'd add another hundred miles to the year and with this hike, I made it! It has been such an amazing, adventurous, and transformative year! I cannot begin to explain.

My friend Heather and I headed out to the Columbia River Gorge for this special hike to Dry Creek Falls.  The trail head is actually right as you get into Cascade Locks, just under the Bridge of the Gods.  It was scheduled to rain profusely, yet it didn't! It was actually beautiful.  However, as soon as we got back to the car the rain came in with a torrential downpour. Good timing for us!

I obviously am not stopping with my hiking journeys, however I am changing from having a goal to just adding up the miles. So instead of so many miles out of the goal number, I will just be posting Mile Mark with the number!

  • Date of hike: November 23rd, 2014
  • Distance: 5 Miles (roundtrip)
  • Elevation gain: 710 feet 
  • Difficulty: Easy
  • Mile Mark: 202


 Dry Creek


 Dry Creek Falls
Gotta love the PCT!
 Heather & I at Dry Creek Falls
 We love the Pacific Crest Trail!
 Dry Creek Falls
Dry Creek Falls

"Your grace abounds in deepest waters Your sovereign hand will be my guide Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me You've never failed and you won't start now So I will call upon your name"

No comments:

Post a Comment