"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" ~ Susan Sontag

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Double Trouble Labor Day Hiking {Silver Falls State Park}

3 day weekend? What that means to me is an extra day to hike! Saturday morning it was pouring down rain. A side note here, I've had this strange urge to run lately. And this is very strange, I am not normally found running unless something is chasing me. So because it was raining, I decided to run on the trails.  I woke up early and hit Silver Falls State Park. The other thing I was super happy about was that I got to wear my rain jacket, which I love. Just a me quirk. So off and on I ran the 9 mile loop. It was killer, but I was thankful for the rain, even if I felt like I was in the shower!

Also, I made a super training montage mix on my iTunes. It totally gets you pumped to push harder and go further. See below for my mix!

On Monday I had planned on helping camp pack up and move out, so I went up to Silver Falls trail of 10 falls again, but this time I just hiked it. Great weekend!

Hike #1/Trail Run
  • Date of hike: August 30th, 2014
  • Distance: 9 miles
  • Elevation gain: 1,300 feet
  • Difficulty: Difficult
  • Miles thus far: 156/200 miles this year

Hike #2
  • Date of hike: September 1st, 2014
  • Distance: 9 miles
  • Elevation gain: 1,300 feet
  • Difficulty: Moderate
  • Miles thus far: 165/200 miles this year

 Lower South Falls
Lower South Falls 
 Behind Lower South Falls

 Behind Lower South Falls
 Above Drake Falls
North Falls

I was dead by the time I reached North Falls, but still had 2ish more miles to go! Survived!


Here's my Training Montage Mix! It really gets you pumped and keeps you going!


No comments:

Post a Comment